Hey, there everyone, and welcome to this week's Soundtrack Saturday post! I've got something really special lined up for you today, so be sure to keep reading to find out just what it is!
So anyone who might be new to my blog (or oblivious to this meme) might be thinking, "What on Earth is Soundtrack Saturday?" Soundtrack Saturday is a bookish meme that I created so I could share my love of books and music. Each Saturday, I choose a book and post a playlist full of songs based on the characters, the plot, and the themes in the book.
But that's not all. You can participate, too! I'm inviting all interested book bloggers to participate in this meme! Each week, I'll be posting a linky at the bottom of my post so that you can share your Soundtrack Saturday playlist for other bloggers and blog readers to find.
As with all bookish memes, there are a few easy steps to follow to help you create your own perfect Soundtrack Saturday post:
- Choose a book that you've read or are currently reading - any book is fine as long as you can create a playlist for it
- Create a full (10+songs) or a mini (four songs) playlist for the book of your choosing
- For more detailed instructions on the different types of soundtracks and how to make them, please visit the meme's homepage.
- Please credit me somewhere in your post. It can be as simple as "Soundtrack Saturday is a weekly meme that was created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover."
- Leave a comment on my blog post if you enjoy the feature
- Add your name to the link-up tool at the bottom of the post
Tumbling by Caela Carter
The 2016 Summer Olympics kicked off last night in Rio, and what better way to celebrate than by featuring a book about trials for the US Olympic Gymnastics Team? That's right, I'm talking about Tumbling by Caela Carter, a book I reviewed earlier this week.
Tumbling is full of literal twists and turns, but it's also so much more than that. It's a book about strong females involved in sports, and those are definitley the kinds of role models that the world and teenage readers need. To capture the competition and the essence of the book, I've put together a playlist full of songs that will pump you up and inspire you.
I really hope you've enjoyed this week's Soundtrack Saturday! This one was actually really fun to put together and explore a few songs that made me nostalgic for the past. Feel free to let me know if you like this week's selections, or just to let me know if you'd add any other songs to this list.