Every week, there is a new topic for Top Ten Tuesday, and all you have to do is create your top ten list (or somewhere around ten if you can't think of ten) based on it. Oh, and be sure to link back to The Broke and the Bookish! Then you can add your name to the link up tool that they include in their post!
Top Ten Characters I'd Like To Check In With:
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) - Do I really need to explain this one? She's probably my most favorite literary character ever, and the updates that Rowling gives us just aren't enough for me.
- Alice Franklin (The Truth About Alice) - Jennifer Mathieu created an interesting character in her debut novel, and I kind of want to know more about her life after all of the bullying and harassment.
- Dee/Lilah Montgomery (Open Road Summer) - Obviously I loved Reagan's story, but I feel like there is so much more to learn about Dee's life as herself and as her country superstar alter-ego.
- Eleanor Douglas (Eleanor & Park) - I'm sure that everyone wants to know what happened to Eleanor. I just want to know that she's okay. I don't even care if she and Park didn't end up together; I just want to make sure that she was able to get the help she needed.
- Lena Haloway (Delirium) - Okay... so I might be one of the few people who loved how Lauren Oliver ended her Delirium trilogy, but I'd want to check in on Lena a few years later.
- Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) - Charlie is so close to my heart, and he's the character who really made me fall in love with YA. Of course I'd want to check in on him and see how he's doing after realizing everything that he went through as a child.
- Molly Weasley (Harry Potter) - Most loving and fierce mother ever? Umm, YES! I think it would be a great experience to see how Molly is after everything that she's been through. Oh, and can you imagine how great of a grandmother she'd be?
- Anna Oliphant (Anna and the French Kiss series) - I really enjoyed reading about Anna and Étienne St. Clair and their beautiful love affair. Obviously I'd love to check in on both of them after Isla.
- Greg Gaines (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) - I loved Greg's sense of humor and pretty much everything about him. I'd love a chance to see him a few months or even a few years after the book concludes to see how he's doing.
- Auggie Pullman (Wonder) - I loved Auggie! He's just a sweet character with such a good heart. I'd love to see him as a teenager and see how he adapts to high school.