Every week, there is a new topic for Top Ten Tuesday, and all you have to do is create your top ten list (or somewhere around ten if you can't think of ten) based on it. Be sure to credit The Broke and the Bookish in your post. Then you can add your name to the link up tool that they include in their post and check out all of the other bookish lists for the week!
Top Ten All-Time Favorite Authors:
- J.K. Rowling - Even though I read Harry Potter later in life, I love Jo for these books. If it weren't for them, I probably would have stopped reading YA after my YA class.
- Romina Russell - Ms. Russell has only released one book so far, but that one book soared her to the top of my favorite authors list. She's definitely an auto-buy author for me.
- Marissa Meyer - Again, I discovered Marissa Meyer later than everyone else, but I love her spin on classic fairy tales. I can't wait to read more from her.
- Veronica Roth - So I feel like one of the very few people who loved all three books in the Divergent trilogy, but I did. I cannot wait to get my hands on Veronica's upcoming book.
- Emery Lord - Emery is making a name for herself in contemporary YA, and she deserves her spot on my list. I love how she writes about friendship, family, and love.
- Kiera Cass - Kiera and I had a rocky start, but I now love her work. I'm eagerly waiting for The Heir to get here to see how she takes on a new character in an already established fictional world.
- Rainbow Rowell - I love that Rainbow flawlessly writes about teens and adults because I love reading about both teens and adults. I can't wait to read even more from her, including Carry On because I'm excited to see her write through the eyes of one of her characters.
- Stephanie Perkins - Stephanie is pretty much one of the queens of YA romance, and I adored all three Anna and the French Kiss companion books.
- Lauren Oliver - I found Lauren by surprise when I won a copy of Before I Fall from Goodreads. I loved it and then went on to devour even more of her books.
- Gayle Forman - I've only read two books by Ms. Forman, but they really surprised me because of how amazing they truly are. I have more of her books that I will be reading in the future.