Everyone has a favorite Sarah Dessen book! What's yours?
True story: everyone has a favorite Sarah Dessen book. And if you ask them about it, they’ll be more than happy to gush about it for as long as possible. This summer, Penguin Teen is asking readers and bloggers to share their favorite Sarah Dessen book.
For me, one of my favorite Sarah Dessen books is That Summer, so during this week, I'll be sharing a few different posts about the book and my thoughts on the book that started it all...
Five Fast Facts About That Summer
- That Summer was first published in 1996. That means I was seven years old when this book came out! Despite me being an advanced reader, I did not read this book when it was published! (I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even read it in middle or high school! Don't hurt me!)
- That Summer wasn't the original title that Sarah Dessen had in mind! The working title for the book was The First Boy. I'm kind of glad that the title was changed. I don't mind the original title, but I think That Summer grabs a lot more readers.
- The book features a very tall main character! I'm not as tall as Haven, but I was always one of the tallest girls in my grade. I felt a sense of normalcy after reading That Summer. Hey... maybe we should get Taylor Swift to read this book!
- The book features two sisters. I have just one sister, so I feel like I'm always more drawn to books that feature a pair of sisters. I relate to them more than books about multiple sisters.
- The plots and characters of That Summer and Someone Like You were merged together to create the movie How to Deal, starring Mandy Moore. It's been a long time since I've seen this movie, but my sister introduced it to me and the world of Sarah Dessen all those years ago...
Enter for a chance to win one (1) set of Sarah Dessen’s books in paperback (ARV: $132.00).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between 12:00 AM Eastern Time on April 17, 2017 and 12:00 AM on May 29, 2017. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about June 1, 2017. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.