I couldn't be more thrilled, especially because I've been so sick lately and worrying about the progress I've made on my blog. You have no idea how upset I've been over my blog this week. I've faced so many problems from not being able to read all week to complications with my meme. So I really need to thank Tika. She knows just how to make someone feel better!
Like any blog award, there are some steps that need to be followed for one to accept and pass on this award.
Here are the rules for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and make sure you link back to her blog.
- Post the award's logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions that you've been asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate ten bloggers for the award.
- Ask ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Lauren @ A Blonde Librarian
- Connie @ The YA Book Thief
- Gloria @ Gloria the Violinist
- Blessie @ Mischievous Reads
- Robin @ Where Books Lead Us
- Anna @ Enchanted by YA
- Alex @ The Book's Buzz
- Cassia @ Crazy for YA
- Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories
- Jess @ My Reading Dress
My Questions for my Nominees:
- Do you own an e-reader or a tablet to read digital books? If so, what one(s), and how do you like it/them?
- What is your favorite genre? Why?
- Confession time! If you could step foot in the library that the Beast gives Belle (Beauty and the Beast), what would you do?
- What do you think about love triangles in books?
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
- Are there any books that you wish you would have never read? What are they?
- Have you ever met any authors? If so, who? Feel free to include pictures if you're comfortable with that...
- Do you have any autographed books? What ones?
- Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
My Answer's to Tika's Questions:
- Q: What is your least favorite book at the moment?
A: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I think it will be my least favorite book for a long time.
- Q: What is one book you've read this year that is worth a re-read?
A: Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke
- Q: If I asked you to recommend me any book of your choosing, what would it be?
A: If I had to recommend any book to Tika, it would be Attachments by Rainbow Rowell because I think she'd like the setting and the characters in this Adult Fiction novel. I think it would be a great book for her to add to her TBR list.
- Q: If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be? Why?
A: Hermione Granger because she's the ultimate role model for girls. She can be smart, caring, and hardcore at the same time.
- Q: What's your favorite meal?
A: I love Buffalo chicken salad, but sadly my favorite is from the pizza shop where I used to work and I won't order from there anymore because the employees treated me terribly because I was the only one who actually worked.
- Q: Hardback, Paperback, or E-copy?
A: Hardcover! I love hardback books simply because they last longer. They are also so pretty, and I love displaying mine on my shelves. I do prefer paperbacks to e-books, though.
- Q: Name two books you've given a negative review to this year. In one sentence tell me why.
A: Elixir by Ted Galdi - I gave it one star because there was no focus to the plot, and jumped around way too much.
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre - I was so offended by how vain the main character is and how she was so focused on falling in love after trying to kill herself.
(I left the links to my reviews in my answer in case you need more than one sentence. I swear it's not really cheating because I answered in one sentence!)
- Q: If I gave you a lighter and told you to set three books that you share a love/hate relationship with on fire. Which three would it be? A: OMG. I can't answer this question. Even if I hate a book, I'd never catch it on fire.
Okay... I might catch The Fault in Our Stars on fire, but that's probably the only one. Probably. Okay... maybe Mortal Danger. There's two...
- Q: You're
the main character in a New Adult novel. You move into a dorm/off-campus
apartment and have a swoon worthy boy residing across the hall. You
guys hit it off immediately and begin "lusting" for one another. What
fictional character is he?
A: I don't know if I'm supposed to answer this with a New Adult book character. If so, I can't answer it because I've never read a New Adult book! I really need to give one a chance one of these days.
- Q: If you could write your own memoir, what would the title be?
A: Against the Wind