This year was a really great reading year for me, and I read all sorts of different books!
When I worked at the preschool, I read a lot of children's books to the kiddos, and that was a blast just to see their faces light up because they enjoy a story so much. Also... I'm pretty awesome at doing voices for them. I also had a lot of time on weekends and over the summer to just relax and read. I read a bunch of different and new-to-me authors this year, giving me more variety to my reading tastes and establishing a new favorite genre.
I know my blog hasn't been around for a while, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't reading and reviewing books before I created it. In 2014, I read over 130 books! Before I start things for the new year, I thought I'd share my favorite 2014 releases and other books that I read this year.
Favorite 2014 Releases
- Zodiac by Romina Russell*
- Damsel Distressed by Kelsy Macke*
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins*
- Cress by Marissa Meyer *
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart*
- The One by Kiera Cass (May 2014)
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen*
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell*
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han*
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira*
*Denotes a new-to-me author this year.
My Favorite Book of 2014
So... it all comes down to this. I have to pick one favorite for the year, and for me, there is really no questioning my choice because my favorite book of the year is a stunning debut.
My favorite book of the year definitely has to be Zodiac by Romina Russell. It was released on December 9.
I was lucky enough to be chosen as a Goodreads giveaway winner for this book, and I absolutely loved it. I loved the concept of space travel in a galaxy based on the signs of the Zodiac, and the world building was spectacular.
Seriously... if you haven't read this book yet, I urge you to go to your local bookstore and grab a copy! It's amazing! You can check out my full review here.
Favorite Back Listed Books I Read This Year
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivan
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- How to Love by Katie Cutugno
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio