It's time for me to tell you all about another reading challenge that I'm joining for 2016! This challenge is the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge, and it's hosted by Jess of Gone with the Words and Danielle of Love at First Page.
The latest challenge that I've decided to try is one that I know I can handle because I love reading contemporary romance! I know I didn't read a lot of it in 2015, but I did get a lot of books in my read pile in that genre, and I'm excited to add a few more to the list!
What is the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge?
So here's some information on the challenge in case it's new to you or if you're used to seeing it hosted by other bloggers:
The Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge was originally created and hosted by Pearl’s World of Romance, passed on to Fatin at Romance Book Maven, then passed on to Brianna at The Book Vixen, and is now hosted by Gone with the Words and Love at First Page.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016 (books read prior to 1/1/2016 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime you want, though the sign up linky will close Nov. 15, 2016. Sign up at Gone with the Words or Love at First Page.
- The goal is to read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Books that qualify for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Books can be M/F, M/M, or F/F. Books must be a work of fiction (sorry, nonfiction does not qualify for this challenge).
- Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Use the hashtag #ContRom2016 when posting your reviews/updates/re-caps/monthly topics on social media.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge button below and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. This will be your “update post” when doing the monthly link up.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge (your designated “update post” for the monthly link up) and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
Books I Plan on Reading
I plan on reading a mix of backlisted and new releases during this challenge. Some of the books I'd like to read are:
Now these are just a few of the books that I plan on reading. I'm sure you all know that I love reading contemporary romance, so feel free to recommend a few titles in the comments.
Happy New Year!