Guess what! It's time for me to pledge my allegiance to another reading challenge for 2016! I know I've already announced that I'll be participating in the Debut Author Challenge and the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge, but I also wanted to be a part of Bekka's Backlist Books Reading Challenge so I can finally get to some of those older books that are on my shelves!
What is The Backlist Books Reading Challenge?
The Backlist Books Reading Challenge is all about reading older books, instead of just reading ARCs and newer releases. Here's more from Bekka's post about it:
- This is a 2016 challenge, running from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016
- A backlist book includes anything published a year or more before the day you read it. So if it’s January 21st, 2016, the book you’re reading must have been published on January 21st, 2015 or earlier
- Books must be read and reviewed to be counted for the challenge. You do not need a blog to enter, but a tumblr, a Goodreads account, just some place to put a little blurb after you’re done reading. A review can be a traditional review, a booktube video, a few sentences on GR. It’s up to you
Giveaways (On Bekka's Blog)
- There will be two giveaways – one at the end of June, and one at the end of December
- The giveaways will be international, but you must be signed up in order to enter
- Every backlist review is an entry for the giveaways
- The giveaways will be for two backlist titles, for one winner
Backlist Books I'd Like to Read in 2016
Okay... so I know that I didn't get to a lot of 2015 releases last year, and you'll be seeing more of them in tomorrow's Top Ten Tuesday post. I'll probably be reading a few, or all, of them this year for the challenge. I'm also hoping to read some older titles that have been sitting on shelves in my house for a long time.
Okay... so these are probably some of the oldest books that I own. Are you ready for this? My mom bought them for me as a Christmas gift when I was in elementary school because they were some of her favorite books when she was younger. I still haven't read them, and I feel horrible about it. I'm hoping to change that this year.
I'm always seeing people talk about the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi, and I think that 2016 is a great time to give it a try. I own the first book thank to a trade with Lauren, and I'm excited to finally discover this series.
Suggest Some Backlist Books!
Now here's the fun part! I'm always open to book suggestions, so I want to know what books from past years you've read and loved! Feel free to let me know some of your favorite books - standalones or series - from 2015 and earlier so I can compile and even better list of books to read this year!