Hey, there everyone, and welcome to this week's Soundtrack Saturday post!
So anyone who might be new to my blog might be thinking, "What on Earth is Soundtrack Saturday?" Well let me tell you! Soundtrack Saturday is a bookish meme that I created so I could share my love of books and music. Each Saturday, I choose a book and post a playlist full of songs based on the characters, the plot, and the themes in the book.
But that's not all. You can participate, too! I'm inviting all interested book bloggers to participate in this meme! Each week, I'll be posting a linky at the bottom of my post so that you can share your Soundtrack Saturday playlist for other bloggers and blog readers to find.
As with all bookish memes, there are a few easy steps to follow to help you create your own perfect Soundtrack Saturday post:
- Choose a book that you've read or are currently reading - any book is fine as long as you can create a playlist for it
- Create a full (10+songs) or a mini (four songs) playlist for the book of your choosing
- For more detailed instructions on the different types of soundtracks and how to make them, please visit the meme's homepage.
- Please credit me somewhere in your post. It can be as simple as "Soundtrack Saturday is a weekly meme that was created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover."
- Leave a comment on my blog post if you enjoy the feature
- Add your name to the link-up tool at the bottom of the post
Cecelia Ahern's YA debut novel, Flawed, is about a society that values perfection in its people. If someone has been found to be imperfect or immoral, their bodies are forever branded as Flawed, and they have to abide by different rules. Because of this, I kept thinking about how we as people tend to view ourselves as imperfect, and I have included a few of songs with messages like that. And because it's dystopia, I tried to include a few songs to set the mood for a scary society.
Personally, I thought this novel was fantastic, and I'm already waiting for its sequel, Perfect. If you haven't yet, check out my review for Flawed, and I also really hope you enjoy this playlist.
1. "Flawless" by Beyonce feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. "Shattered" by O.A.R.
3. "Drag Me Down" by One Direction
4. "Take Care" by Drake and Rihanna
5. "Learning to Breathe" by Switchfoot
6. "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera
7. "Set Fire to the Third Bar" by Snow Patrol
8. "Perfect" by Pink
9. "Say Something" by A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera
10. "Uprising" by Muse
11. "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3
12. "I Know Places" by Taylor Swift
There's the playlist that I've come up with for Cecelia Ahern's YA debut, Flawed. Please feel free to let me know what you think of it in the comments, or if you'd add or change any songs.
Also, if you're participating in Soundtrack Saturday this week, link up below!