Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by the lovely ladies from the book blog, The Broke and the Bookish. They created this particular feature because they love making and sharing bookish lists with their readers.
Every week, there is a new topic, and bloggers are encouraged to share their own lists with everyone in the book community. All bloggers are encouraged to create a list based on the week's theme, share it with their followers, and then link up on The Broke and Bookish.
It's really easy to join:
- Go to The Broke and the Bookish to check this week's topic
- Come up with a top ten list of your own and post it
- Share your link on The Broke and Bookish
Ten Bookish People You Should Follow on Twitter
I don't know about you, but I love Twitter. I've been a member of Twitter since college, and while my account isn't strictly a bookish account (I talk to friends on there, and I follow a lot of hockey accounts), I use it to interact with many different book bloggers on a daily basis.
When I saw this week's topic, I knew that I would have a lot to say on who people should follow on Twitter, so I'm breaking it down into a few different subtopics just because I can't choose. Also there are just so many different people to choose from!
Five Authors You Should Follow on Twitter
1. Emery Lord - Not only do I love Emery's emotional books, but I also love seeing what she has to say about the world around us, especially now with this whole presidential election upon us. She's very observant, outspoken, but most of all, kind to people who talk to her. I love the fact that she interacts with her readers on a daily basis, and I also love seeing her chatting with other authors.
2. Lauren DeStenfano - I'll admit that I've only read one of Lauren's books, but I've been following her for a long time. (And for the longest time, I didn't even know she was a published author, but that was before I was a blogger...). Anyway, I love Lauren's sense of humor, and the fact that she has a screencap of a bad review that she got as her cover photo. She tells it like it is, but she also makes a point in addresses things that are wrong in the world. She's like a Twitter superhero.
3. J.K. Rowling - How could the queen not make this list? While I don't live in the UK, I love seeing how passionate Ms. Rowling is about events and problems in her homeland. I feel like she's very caring and one heck of an activist. I also like following her for her witty remarks to readers, and sometimes the occasional jab at Donald Trump. (I hate Donald Trump, if you haven't figured that out.)
4. Romina Russell - Romina Russell is the author of the Zodiac series, and if you haven't read it, you should! But you should definitely follow her on Twitter because she's pretty much one of the coolest people you'll ever come across. She fangirls with her readers, and she makes them feel like part of her family.
5. Jenny Han - Jenny Han is like the sister that everyone wants on Twitter. She's funny, she's kind, and she's serious when she has to be. I love going to her profile, because nine times out of ten, you're going to see that she was fangirling about something that you love. I also love the fact that she shares pictures of herself as a child. There's just something so heartwarming about it.
Five Bloggers You Should Follow on Twitter
1. Erica from Novel Ink - Erica has quickly become one of my best friends in the book community, and if you don't follow her, you should do so right now. On the surface, Erica looks like just another book blogger, but trust me... she's so much more than that. Erica and I talk pretty much every single day, and I love that she's so easygoing. She won't judge you for what you have to say, and she genuinely cares. She's a great friend to have around.
2. Alexia from Pretty Deadly Reviews - Alexia used to have her own blog, but now she's co-blogging on Pretty Deadly Reviews. While Alexia and I don't talk all too often because we're on opposite coasts, I love when I get the chance to talk with her. We mostly bond over pets, especially cats. I also just love talking to her because she and I are very similar; she doesn't use her profile specifically for books, but other interests as well. She's also very kind, and caring, and she always checks in if she notices that something might be wrong.
3. Shannon from It Starts at Midnight - Here's the cool thing about Shannon... She's the first blogger I came across who is also from my home state of Pennsylvania. She lives on the other side of the state, so we've never actually met. I like to think of Shannon as an older sister type figure, especially because I never had an older sister. She's caring, funny, and she gives great advice. She's also the biggest Hunger Games fan I know, so that just makes her 100% cooler.
4. Blessie from Mischievous Reads - Blessie is now one of my very best friends, and that's all because of Twitter and its DM feature. While Blessie and I don't have exactly the same taste in books, we have bonded over all sorts of weird things, especially when we start talking about weird medical procedures. She's also a doll and redesigned my blog, capturing what I wanted but couldn't quite put into words.
5. Tika from Fangirl Confessions - My fellow lioness sister is seriously one of the craziest people I've come across, and I wouldn't change her for the world. Tika isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and she'll likely make you laugh, even if you don't agree with her opinion. She's very opinionated, but not in an annoying way. She'll also go above and beyond to defend you if she sees that someone is messing with you. That's how loyal she is, and I love that about her.
So those are the five authors and five bloggers I think you should be following on Twitter. Chances are you're already following all five authors, but if not, follow them! Also, get to know my friends and follow them on Twitter as well!
Now you know the drill: Feel free to leave links of authors, bloggers, or bookish people for me to follow on Twitter, even if it's yourself! Oh, and feel free to leave links to your own Top Ten Tuesday posts so I can check them out for myself!