Hey, there everyone, and welcome to this week's Soundtrack Saturday post!
So anyone who might be new to my blog (or oblivious to this meme) might be thinking, "What on Earth is Soundtrack Saturday?" Soundtrack Saturday is a bookish meme that I created so I could share my love of books and music. Each Saturday, I choose a book and post a playlist full of songs based on the characters, the plot, and the themes in the book.
But that's not all. You can participate, too! I'm inviting all interested book bloggers to participate in this meme! Each week, I'll be posting a linky at the bottom of my post so that you can share your Soundtrack Saturday playlist for other bloggers and blog readers to find.
As with all bookish memes, there are a few easy steps to follow to help you create your own perfect Soundtrack Saturday post:
- Choose a book that you've read or are currently reading - any book is fine as long as you can create a playlist for it
- Create a full (10+songs) or a mini (four songs) playlist for the book of your choosing
- For more detailed instructions on the different types of soundtracks and how to make them, please visit the meme's homepage.
- Please credit me somewhere in your post. It can be as simple as "Soundtrack Saturday is a weekly meme that was created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover."
- Leave a comment on my blog post if you enjoy the feature
- Add your name to the link-up tool at the bottom of the post
Two Summers by Aimee Friedman is a new YA book about all the "What if" moments in life. What if Summer goes to France for the summer? What if she stays at home? Readers will get to see both possibilities in this charming new coming-of-age novel about making the most of what life throws at you.
Because there are two very different settings that lead to different events in the book, I tried to include some songs that would reflect what happens to Summer in both places.
1. "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding
2. "Instant Crush" by Daft Punk feat. Julian Casablancas
3. "For the Love of a Daughter" by Demi Lovato
4. "New Romantics" by Taylor Swift
5. "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon
6. "Where You Lead" by Carole King and Louise Goffin
7. "Sweet Sixteen and Never Been Kissed" by Blue Mountaineers
8. "Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran
9. "Come on Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson
10. "Just Around the Riverbend" from the Pocahontas soundtrack
11. "Glass" by Thompson Square
12. "Mirror" by Ellie Goudling
13. "Apologize" by OneRepublic
14. "Fireflies" by Faith Hill
15. "My Little Corner of the World" by Yo La Tengo
I hope you enjoyed the playlist that I came up with for Aimee Friedman's Two Summers, which you can buy on Tuesday! I'd love to know what you think of the soundtrack and song choices, especially if you've already read an ARC of the book. And bloggers, remember to link up below if you're participating in Soundtrack Saturday this week! I'd love to check out your posts!