In case you're new to book blogging like me or just unfamiliar with the award, here's a brief description:Basically, it's a blog award that you receive from another book blogger. In order to be nominated, you must be a newer book blogger. After you've been nominated, you get to nominate other book bloggers.
The award also comes with some rules:
- Link and thank the person who nominated your blog.
- Answer the eleven questions that they asked you.
- Pick eleven bloggers with less than two hundred (200) followers to nominate.
- Ask them eleven questions.
- Let them know that you've nominated them by commenting on one of their posts.
My answers to Anna's questions:
- Q: Why did you start blogging?
A: I used to have an education blog for a college class. I really enjoyed it, but I wanted to do something more than just blog for my classmates or share things I like on Tumblr. I've always been a huge reader, and I love posting reviews on Goodreads, so I decided to give book blogging a try.
- Q: What's your favorite experience related to blogging so far?
A: I'm really enjoying the weekly memes because they give me something to write about when I'm in the middle of a book. It's fun to share my top ten lists and books that I'm currently reading with my blog's followers.
- Q:What is/are your favourite book blog(s)? Excluding Enchanted by YA of course ;)A: Effortlessly Reading and The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Q: What's your favorite book(s) so far this year?
A: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, The One by Kiera Cass, and Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Q: What's your favorite book/series OF ALL TIME?
A: Even though I read it just recently, I'm going to go with the Harry Potter series as my favorite series. My favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Q: If you were shipwrecked on a desert island which 1 series would you want with you?
A: I'd have to take the Harry Potter books with me. There is so much in them that I know I'd be entertained for quite a while.
- Q: Any book turn-offs?
A: Paranormal books are a book turn-off for me. I'm also less likely to read a book if it's compared to The Fault in Our Stars.
- Q: What do you eat while blogging/reading?
- A: Well I usually always have my water bottle with me when I'm reading and blogging. I try not to eat when I read, but because I have a keyboard skin on my Mac, I'll eat whatever is around if I'm hungry.
- Q: If you lived in a book and could have the love interest for yourself
with the female protagonist out the way, what book and who would you
A: I want Tobias.
- Q: Do you read books more than once?
A: Sometimes I do read books more than once. Some of them I read and sell, but I do keep a lot of my books around because I know I'm going to re-read them.
My answers to A.M.'s questions:
And now for the list of people I am nominating for a Liebster Award:
- Lauren @ A Blonde Librarian
- Connie @ The YA Book Thief
- Ilina @ A Book Lover's Ramblings
- Tika @ Fangirl Confessions
- Jennie @ A Bookworm Called Jennie
- Gloria @ Gloria the Violinist
- Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories
- Jessica @ The Psychotic Nerd
- Karina @ I, Fat Robot
- Olivia @ Little Olive Library
- Jess @ My Reading Dress
These are the eleven questions for my nominees to answer:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Are there any books set in your hometown? If so, what one(s)?
- Who are some of your auto-buy authors?
- What is your favorite series?
- Do you like fantasy or dystopia better? Why?
- Have you ever written a book?
- What are some of your favorite book blogs?
- What is your favorite book you had to read for school?
- What are you currently reading?
- Are there any books that you just know you won't read even though everyone tells you that they are great?
- What is your favorite thing about the book blog community? Why?