Alright, ladies and gentlemen... I've been at this whole book blogging thing for a little over a month now, and I've really been enjoying the book memes. I enjoy them so much, that I've decided to create my own!
This meme is called Soundtrack Saturday. It features both books and music. I haven't seen a meme like it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
- You can use my image or make one of your own
- Please link me somewhere in your post
- Create a soundtrack for your chosen book
- Add your name to the link-up tool so others can find and read your post
- If you add your name to the link-up, please leave a comment
- Include a song that you think goes well with the beginning of your chosen book
- Include a song you think fits a character in your chosen book
- Include a song that represents a relationship in your chosen book
- Include a song that fits the ending of the book
"Fireflies" by Faith Hill - I'm choosing this song because of its innocence. In the very beginning of the book, Lara Jean narrates a short section on why she writes her love letters and the silly things that she saves. I think the magic in the song "Fireflies" fits the silly things that Lara Jean likes to save.
For this song, I'm using Lara Jean as my character because she narrates the book. Her song is "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" by Britney Spears. At the start of the book Lara Jean is kind of immature. She has become accustomed to her older sister taking care of her, but all of that is changing because Margot is moving away for college. Lara Jean wants to be responsible like her older sister, but she still wants to feel like a high school student.
The relationship I'm choosing is the Song Sisters' relationship. Margot, Lara Jean, and Kitty are all very different, but at the end of the day, they are still sisters and love each other. The song I've chosen for them is "I'm Only Me When I'm With You" by Taylor Swift because it's upbeat and could be about any relationship, even platonic. The three of them can be really cute together, and their relationship made me wish that I had more than just one sister.
If you've read the book, you know the ending is a little bit sad. I'm choosing "Foolish Games" by Jewel just for these lyrics:
"These foolish games are tearing me apart. / And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart. / You're breaking my heart."
As always, feel free to leave a comment with your link, and I'll check it out. I really hope you enjoy this meme and participate. I'd love to interact with more of you.