Happy Saturday, little Hardcover Lovers! It's been a long, long time since my last Soundtrack Saturday post, and I'm sorry about that. I've been really busy with working and job applications, and I felt like I was behind on reading. But I'm caught up now, and I hope that I can bring you a few more of these before things get busy again.
In case you're new to The Hardcover Lover, Soundtrack Saturday is a weekly feature that I started to share playlists with my readers. There's a catch, though. All of my playlists are based on books that I've read!
As with all bookish memes, there are a few easy steps to follow to help you create your own perfect Soundtrack Saturday post:
- Choose a book that you've read or are currently reading - any book is fine!
- Create a mini (four songs) or full soundtrack (ten-fifteen songs) for that book based on characters and plot details
- For more detailed instructions, please visit the meme's homepage.
- Please credit me somewhere in your post
- It can be as simple as "Soundtrack Saturday was created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover."
- Leave a comment on my blog post if you enjoy the feature
- Add your name to the link-up tool at the bottom of the post
I was really excited when I read Adi Alsaid's Never Always Sometimes because his two main characters, Dave and Julia, are some of the coolest YA characters you'll ever meet. If you don't believe me, check out my review here. Anyway, both of them spend a lot of time listening to music, and Alsaid included quite a few songs in his book. You'll find some of them below, along with some of my choices. Together, they become my book soundtrack for Never Always Sometimes.
1. "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes
2. "Not About Love" by Fiona Apple
3. "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings
4. "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" by The Smiths
5. "That Teenage Feeling" by Neko Case
6. "This Charming Man" by The Smiths
7. "I Really Like You" by Carly Rae Jepsen
8. "Song for Zulu" by Phosphorescent
9. "Temptation" by New Order
10. "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure
11. "The One That Got Away" by The Civil Wars
12. "Get Him Back" by Fiona Apple
13. "What a Wonderful World" by Joey Ramone
So there's my soundtrack for Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid. I hope you all enjoy it! I really took some of the songs that Alsaid included in the book, and I tried to find similar songs or songs that I could really imagine Dave and Julia listening to. I also was really tempted to go really heavy on The Smiths, but I kept it to two songs.
If you've made a Soundtrack Saturday this week (or during the past few weeks), leave a comment or add your name to the linky, and I'll be sure to visit when I get home from work or tomorrow! I know I owe quite a few of you some blog visits, and you know that I love to see what songs you think of when you're reading.