Hey, everyone! I know it's still March, but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking ahead already, especially when it comes to what's on my TBR list!
Anyways, this year, Shelly and Octavia are expanding on their ARC August event by bringing us yet another ARC reading event in April! I'm just so excited, and my pile of ARCs thanks them!
In case you aren't familiar with the event, bloggers and reviewers are challenged to read as many of their ARCs as they can before the month is over. This year, they've even got some surprises up their sleeves!
What is ARC April?
Like I said earlier, ARC April is a reading event that challenges bloggers and reviews to put a dent in their ARC piles, stacks, shelves, whatever... Here's more from Shelly and Octavia:
ARC April, like ARC August is all about YOUR personal goal in regards to YOUR ARCs! This was made as a “low pressure” but maximum benefits kind of challenge and I really want to continue that! The only real rule for ARC April is any books you count towards the challenge MUST be an ARC. It can be an e-ARC or physical ARC. It can have a 2017 release date or an overdue date of 2010! As long as it is an ARC we won’t judge you or take that accomplishment lightly.
*Update* If you decide to read a finished copy of an expired eARC that is FINE. <b>HOWEVER</b> this is straight honor system. Meaning I am TRUSTING you to be honest that you read a finished copy of an ARC you were once granted. Ok? Ok.
Traditionally Shelly and I create a linky and just let you participate until your heart in content and pick a random winner from that initial sign up post. But I want to try something different this year! This year sign ups will closeApril 15th and there will be NO exceptions made. In addition we are going to implement a point system! Now remember the goal is to make a dent in those ARCs of yours but we understand that a prize is always a helpful way to get a goal accomplished right?! Right! So the point system will go as follows:
1-4 ARCs read for the month = The Bronze Reader Level
5-9 ARCs read for the month = The Silver Reader Level
10-15 ARCs read for the month = The Gold Reader Level
16+ ARCs read for the month = The Diamond Reader Level
Now each tier puts you in a different prize bracket.
Bronze = Shelly & I are headed to BEA this year and I’m sure we could score some pretty cool totes and swag for this tier!
Silver = $10 Bookoutlet gift card. This is open INT!
Gold = $20 TBD gift card This is open INT!
Diamond = 1 ARC signed IF POSSIBLE of your choosing, from Book Expo America 2016. This giveaway is open INT and requires further clarity and details:
1. Authors that require a ticket MAY NOT BE SIGNED. The cost to get a ticket is really expensive and those lines are normally the craziest. We will do everything we can to get you the book of your choice signed but in the event that is not an option please understand we truly did try our best.
2. Once BEA releases the list and schedule of books that will be at BEA we will post said list here. Once a winner is selected THEN, and only then, will they be able to submit their prize request. We all hear rumors of what “might” be at BEA and I don’t want someone getting all worked up and excited about a book just for the publisher to show up and it only be a sample. Cool? Cool.
3. This is open INT. Meaning we will ship it to you no matter where you live. We will supply a tracking number but you must be PATIENT. There’s a 90% chance I won’t be able to ship it until I am back home. I will not ship anything while I am in Chicago since I have no idea if I’ll have the time.
What I Plan On Reading
This April, I'm hoping that I can read enough ARCs to make it to the Diamond Level, but mostly because I already have a huge stack of ARCs that come out within the next few months to read, plus a few old ones that I haven't gotten around to. However, I'm realistically looking at the Gold Reader Level.
Here's a list of the books that I'm hoping to read during ARC April:
1. The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander
2. Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
3. The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever by Jeff Strand
4. Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider
5. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
6. A Walk in the Sun by Michelle Zink
7. Night Speed by Chris Howard
8. Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake
9. Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods
10. The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
11. How it Ends by Catherine Lo
12. Unplugged by Donna Freitas
13. Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
13. Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
What I think I'll do this April is do a weekly update, probably on Sundays, like I did with my ARC August posts. I'll also add a tag to every ARC review that I post in April so that you can click on the label and find all of them.
Are you participating in ARC April? If so, be sure to sign up by visiting Read Sleep Repeat, and adding your name to the linky!
Have you read any of these ARCs yet? If so, feel free to let me know what you thought of them, but please don't spoil anything for me!